We are committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the??Privacy Act 1988??(Cth). This Policy sets out how we??collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
???Personal information??? means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We may collect or hold the following personal information about you:
- your name;
- your address/es;
- your telephone number (including mobile phone number);
- internet protocol (IP) addresses;
- any other personal information you submit to us; and
- any other personal information that we consider is reasonably necessary to perform our functions and activities.
We also collect anonymous data about how the apps are used, in order to improve our apps. ??This information includes:
- Basic information, such as which versions of the Apps have been installed and when that occurred, and basic device information such as manufacturer, model and operating system.
- Usage information, such as how often different features of the Apps are used.
- Quality and performance information, such as details about when and why the Apps crashed.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect personal information in several ways, including:
- from you directly, in association with your use of our Apps or generally dealing with us (including contacting us in any way);
- from third parties such as our service providers and business partners;
- through marketing and business development events; and
- from publicly available sources of information.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, you may not be able to use our Apps.
If, at any time, you provide personal information or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person???s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified in this Policy.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose of conducting our business, which includes:
- verifying your identity;
- providing the services, you require;
- managing and administering those services;
- to improve the Apps and your experience of them;
- to improve the goods and services that we offer you;
- contacting you in any way (including via the app and via mail, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us;
- responding to enquiries or requests;
- direct marketing to you (see below); and
- any other matters that may reasonably be expected in connection with the above matters, where we have obtained consent for other collection activities, or are otherwise required to do so by law.
In conducting our operations, we may share your personal information with third parties such as our contractors, outsourced service providers and business partners where necessary for them to provide their services to you.
We may use and disclose your personal information for secondary purposes as permitted by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia who provide services to us (for example, we may disclose your personal information to third parties who provide technology services and security software to us). This will include, for example, the USA and the EU.
When we disclose personal information overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas entity complies with the Australian Privacy Principles, unless an exception applies under those principles such that we are not required to do so. We will take reasonable steps to put in place suitable confidentiality protections in relation to personal information we provide to an overseas entity.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use our reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is complete, up-to-date and accurate, so far as it is practicable for us to do so.
You may access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details set out below. We may, at our discretion, provide you with access to your personal information.
We will not charge you a fee for your access request but may charge you a reasonable administrative fee for providing you with access to or a copy of your personal information.
In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you may request in writing for us to correct it. Where we are satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information is corrected. However, we may, at our discretion, refuse to correct such information and should we do so, we will, to the extent reasonable, provide you a written response as to our reasons.
From time to time, we may use your personal information for marketing purposes (for an indefinite period, including after you cease using our services).?? This includes sending you updates about new products and services we are offering.?? When we contact you, it may be by mail, telephone, email, SMS or through any other means.?? When we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of marketing, we will:
- allow you to ???opt out??? or in other words, allow you to request not to receive further direct marketing communications of the relevant type; and
- comply with a request by you to ???opt-out??? of receiving further communications of that type within a reasonable timeframe.
You may ask to be removed from our marketing lists for any or all types of direct marketing at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
We may change this Policy at any time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page and will be effective at the time we post it. You should check this page from time to time and take note of any changes.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
Smart Temp Australia Pty Ltd
Unit 20, 1488 Ferntree Gully Road
Knoxfield Victoria 3180,?? Australia
Tel +61 3 9763 0094?? between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday to Friday ??AEST.
Email :?? firstname.lastname@example.org
The Privacy Officer will co-ordinate the investigation of any complaint and any potential resolution of a complaint. We will aim to resolve all complaints as soon as practicable.